Vipassana meditation centre is the abode of knowing your true self. Originated from the Lord Buddha stills transcending light to the whole world.
Meditation can provide you with a feeling of peace, calmness, harmony, and equilibrium that can benefit both your passionate prosperity and your general wellbeing.
These advantages don’t end when the meditation session closes. Meditation can assist with bringing yourself smoothly during your critical times.
Meditation may assist you with commanding the side effects of any specific ailments. Meditation is the routine course of preparing your brain to concentrate and divert your thoughts.
The ubiquity of meditation is expanding as more individuals find its numerous medical advantages.
You can utilize it to build familiarity with yourself and your environmental factors.
Vipassana actually means that you see things as they really are. It is one of the oldest and ancient techniques and practices of meditation.
In India, it was taught more than 2500 years ago as a universal remedy for universal ills. Hence, you can say it is an Art of Living.
It has its origin from the Buddhist meditation practices that help in increasing mindfulness.
With the Vipassana meditation, you try to achieve certain goals, such as it helps you quiet your mind.
Along with it, it helps to focus on the present, accept thoughts, emotions, and sensations for what they really are.
Also, it reduces regrets by dwelling less on the past and worrying less about the future.
This provides excellent insights to respond to situations based on reality instead of worries or preconceived notions.
It has many benefits that is why it is one of the popular practices with growing popularity each day.
- Improves mental wellness
- Relieves the stress
- Reduces anxiety and depression
- Promotes the brain plasticity
- Help treat addictions
How do you do vipassana meditation?
Here is how you can indulge yourself in the Vipassana meditation.
- The first step is that you have to take some time out for the practice, approximately 10-15 mins. While the best time to do it is when you wake up.
- Make sure that you choose a quiet area with minimal distractions. It can be an empty room or a secluded spot outside, whatever suits you.
- Now, sit on the ground and cross your legs in a comfortable position.
- You should engage your core along with straightening your back. Relax your body.
- Breathe normally while closing your eyes. Focus on your natural breath and the feeling it brings.
- Each inhales and exhale has its importance and you should be mindful of that.
- Observe all the feelings, sensations, and thoughts without giving any reactions or judging them.
- If there are any distractions in between, observe what distracted you and return to the breath.
- When you are a beginner, at least try to do it for 5-10 minutes. Then once you are used to it, you can increase it to 15 days or even more.
How many hours a day do you meditate in Vipassana?
There are different periods of the Vipassana meditation from 1 day to 3 months. 10 days is the most common.
Vipassana meditation needs time to go inside the depth of your subconscious mind to find your true self. Therefore, the intensity and focus are more important.
Usually, a normal vipassana meditator does one hour morning and one hour evening, and the hours of duration increase with time.
What is a 10-day vipassana?
A 10-day Vipassana meditation consists of 11 hours daily with meditation. You cannot take your reading and writing materials.
You cannot talk to any person on any matter. You are similarly not going to do any exercise or watch TV or do any kind of entertainment.
Eye contact and all these things are also avoided to make you feel peace and comfort of mind.
It is a 10-day experience to meet your inner self and break contact from the world slightly.
How much does Vipassana cost?
An interesting tradition related to Vipassana takes not a single penny from you for attending the course and also not for food.
These courses and all these things operate on absolutely voluntary donations. They are used to accomplish the purpose.
Teachers do not take any fee either for all these purposes.
Vipassana meditation centre in India:
You can find a Vipassana meditation center throughout India in various places.
- Vipassana Meditation Centre, Dehli: This center appears to be in the Bhatti Kalan area of New Dehli.
- Vipassana Meditation Centre, Patna: This meditation center is located in Buddha Smriti Park in Bihar.
- Vipassana Meditation Centre, Bodhgaya: In Bihar, there is another meditation center in the Turi Khurd area of Bodhgaya. It is where the Lord Buddha himself attained Enlightenment.
- Vipassana Meditation Centre, Igatpuri: About 140 Km from Mumbai, there exists a meditation center in the area of Igatpuri. It has played a pivotal role in spreading Vipassana among Indian travelers.
- Dhamma Dhaja, Hoshiarpur, Punjab: This one is close to Shivalik Mountain Range.
- Dhamma Pattana, Mumbai: It is located in the Northern suburbs of Mumbai on a hill with a spectacular view of Gorao beach.
- Sikhara Dhamma, Dharamsala: It is amidst the calmness of the mountains located in Dist. Kangra of Himachal Pradesh.
- Dhamma Setu, Chennai: It is located in the outskirts of Chennai, surrounded by farmlands and fields.
- Dhamma Sota, Haryana: Want to enjoy Vipassana amidst the lush greenery of Aravali Hills? This is where you need to go.
- Dhamma Thali, Jaipur: Located in the hilly countryside, making it one of the best Vipassana centers in India.
- Dhamma Pushkar, Ajmer: This Vipassana center is located in Rajasthan’s Ajmer district. It’s a little small than others but offers the best courses.
- Dhamma Paphulla, Bangalore: It is located on the calm land in Alur village, on the northwest outskirts of Bangalore.
- Dhamma Arunachala, Tiruvannamalai: It’s a new meditation center but creates such powerful energies with the holy Mount Arunachala in the view.
- Dhamma Khetta, Hyderabad: It is the first Vipassana meditation center formally established in India.
- Dhamma Pala, Bhopal: It is in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, and not too far away from the ancient Sanchi Stupa, making it among the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Dhamma Salila, Dehradun: this mountain setting is best in the summers with a soothing riverside location of Doon Valley of Himalayas.
This is not just it; there are many meditation centers in India.
Today, there are Vipassana meditation centers all over the world in about 94 countries, with 341 different locations.
Vipassana Meditation Centre Registration
You will start with the 10-day introductory course if you are a new student.
The courses usually begin after the 2-4 pm registration period.
You can check all the updates and details on their website regarding the registration and new courses.
Vipassana 10-day course fee:
Usually, there are no charges for the Vipassana meditation courses, not even the food and accommodation.
The tradition of Vipassana was established by the S.N. Goenka in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin.
The course fees are covered by the donations of people or the money donated by people who have completed the course and got benefits from it.
Vipassana meditation is one of the simplest and easiest ways to achieve peace and comfort.
Instead of trapping you into the world and setting high goals for yourself, it frees you from the shackles of the world.
It is a convenient way that can have prolonged impacts. And it is also free and available throughout the world in various places.
Having such an experience can truly change the way you think about yourself and your life.
courtesy: google images