21st June is celebrated as an international yoga day. This annual celebration of yoga has continued since 2015. Yoga is recognized globally and is accepted as a healthier way of life.
Yoga is the technique to control your body and mind. Yoga is a mental, physical, and spiritual exercise that helps to keep your body relaxed and mind in peace. This is a 6000 years old mythology of Indian origin and transferred to the west in the 19th century. Yoga inspires the whole world and many schools are opening to teach yoga. Yoga is a journey from yourself to yourself.
international yoga day : UN declaration
Asoke Mukerji presented a draft in the United Nations General Assembly on December 11, 2014. This resolution got support from 177 members. Indian Prime minister Narendra Modi suggested the 21st June as the date of the International Yoga Day as it is the longest day of the year. His speech described that Yoga is an essential key to keep yourself fit.
Many international leaders support and appreciate this initiative. It was said to be a tremendous step to recognize this practice. It was considered a good foundation to focus on the inner self.
Why do we celebrate this day ?
The purpose to celebrate international yoga day is to enhance awareness globally about yoga. As it has so many mental and physical benefits that should be acknowledged by people. This is a highly valued gift from ancient traditions and now it is familiar with the modern world.
- It’s not just a way to keep yourself healthy, but also an excellent way to connect yourself with spirituality.
- It makes your connection with your inner self and makes you stronger mentally.
- Yoga helps to relax your mind and calm negative energies inside you.
How do we to celebrate ?
Yoga throws a positive impact on your life so just try it even you have never tried it in your life. Here are some suggestions to do on International Day of Yoga
- You just have to buy a yoga mat and wear some easy clothes that allow the stretches of the body.
- You can learn something about Yoga’s different postures and try some of them.
- Enjoy it with your friends and family.
- Advise yoga to your dear ones who are not familiar with it.
Regardless of age or gender, millions of people achieve inner peace with yoga. It helps to cure many diseases.
Previous International Yoga Days celebrations
- On the first International yoga day 2015, 35985 people gathered in New Dehli. They practiced 21 poses for almost 35 minutes. The Indian PM was also part of this gathering.
- In 2016 thousands of people gathered in Chandigarh to practice Yoga. They were encouraged by PM and also appreciated worldwide.
- In 2017, the third Internationa Day of Yoga was celebrated in a grand manner in Lucknow. Here 51 thousand people gathered along PM to give a message that incorporates yoga in your daily lives.
- In 2018 it was celebrated in many parts of the world, provoking people to practice yoga. Many official and unofficial gathers were happened to highlight its importance.
- Climate action was the theme of the 2019 International yoga day. There was two days celebration of this day in the United Nations.
As of 21st June 2020, the whole world is practicing social distancing. So “Yoga for health-Yoga at home” is announced as the theme of this year. As yoga doesn’t need any heavy exercising machines or unnecessary equipment so you can practice it at home and stay safe. It is an excellent way to stay healthy while staying home. UNICEF also recommends yoga for kids who are staying at home due to pandemic.
courtesy : google images