Samudrik Shastra greatly finds a mention in the Garuda Purana, an ancient Hindu text. As this Vedic study incorporates face reading, phrenology, palmistry, and astrology, it is widely used in Vedic astrology.
What is the meaning of Samudrik Shastra?
A part of the Vedic tradition, Samudrik Shastra comprises the study of whole body analysis, aura reading, and face reading. From the Sanskrit point of view, Samudrik Shastra means “knowledge of body features”.
According to Samudrik Shastra, each acquired or natural bodily mark holds significance in understanding one’s destiny and psychology.
The marks, diminution, elongation, depression, and elevation have their importance. The tradition of Samudrik Shastra is followed not just by Hindus, but also Jains and Buddhists.
The tradition also has similarities with other cultures where the principles of face reading and palmistry are evoked. According to Samudrik Shastra, there are five elements in humans – Agni, Prithvi, Akash, Jal, and Vayu.
In India, many traditional stories highlight the important markings found on the bodies of influential people. This tradition is confirmed by the legends about Gautama the Buddha, Rama and Krishna avatars, and Mahavira.
Samudrik Shastra Male
Understanding Samudrik Shastra male is beneficial as it tells a lot about the personality of people.
The Vedic tradition of Samudrik Shastra helps us study the structure of different organs of a male and indicate whether they are lucky or not.
It is not just the planetary constellations and Kundli that can tell the nature and future of a man, but according to Samudrik Shastra, the personality of a man can also be revealed through the structures of the body parts.
Given below are some observations one can make about males, as per Samudrik Shastra:
- Men who have Ankush, Kundal, or Chakra marks on the soles of their feet are expected to be big officials or good businessmen.
- Men having symbols like the arrow, chariot or lotus on their feet can expect to lead their lives with pleasure. These men never lack comforts in life.
- It is considered a sign of richness and luck if men have six fingers on their hands. By nature, these men are believed to be hardworking. The economic status of these men will also be strong.
- Those men who have a mole in the middle of their palm will never fall short of money. Such people are well respected in society and are wealthy in general.
- Men having hair on their chests are expected to get a lot of wealth and happiness in their life. These men are usually content in their life.
- It is considered a good sign if a man has a long nose and broad shoulders. As per Samudrik Shastra, these men succeed in life at a young age and become financially secure. Men with these characteristics prefer investing in properties.
Samudrik Shastra Female
As with males, Samudrik Shastra has its take on different marks present on the body of a female. Given below are some of the readings you can make about females, depending on the marks found on their bodies:
- The female is considered lucky if a mole is found on her nose or around it. Such females will always experience prosperity, peace, and happiness in their life.
- Women or girls with long fingers are expected to be creative in their field, according to Samudrik Shastra. Also, these individuals will prove lucky for their partners. Husbands of women with long fingers tend to succeed in their businesses and jobs.
- Girls with big eyes are considered lucky, according to Samudrik Shastra. They bring with them lots of happiness and love. Also, if one of the corners of their eyes is red, then they are considered lucky.
- According to Samudrik Shastra, girls are considered lucky if the soles of their feet have the shapes of chakra, lotus, or conch.
- Typically, these women occupy high positions in their careers. At the same time, these women make their families happy with their astute knowledge and understanding.
- Having a mole around the navel is also considered lucky for the family.
- Such women, according to Samudrik Shastra, bring in lots of happiness and prosperity to the family.
- The sign of a queen is revealed if women have soft and smooth skin. A long period of servitude can be seen in women having tiny hairs.
- Also, if the feet of a woman is without flesh, then it means she could be sexually undesirable.
Samudrik Shastra Face Reading
According to Samudrik Shastra, the physical appearance of a person also reveals a lot about their nature. For example, people having double chins prefer comfort in life over other things.
If such people are given a choice between rest or work, then they will more likely choose rest. Therefore, success eludes them in life. To achieve something in life, people with double chin need to work harder.
Also, as these people do not have control over their food habits, it becomes difficult for them to manage their weight.
On the brighter side of things, these people remain happy and believe in sharing happiness with people around them.
Some people sport dimples on their cheeks while speaking or laughing. Such people, according to Samudrik Shastra, are very lucky and get all the support they need to get their work done.
These individuals also prove lucky to the people around them. By nature, people with dimples tend to be a little sensitive and simple. They are prudent and have an interest in studies.
Samudrik Shastra: Importance
Understanding the tradition or concepts of Samudrik Shastra is important for anyone interested in decoding a person’s nature or destiny.
There are many facets of an individual revealed by this shastra that make it a useful study.
Be it a man or a woman, Samudrik Shastra studies have a lot to tell based on the structures of their organs as well as other features.
Given the importance of Samudrik Shastra, it is not surprising to see it mentioned in the Garuda Purana, an ancient Hindu text.