Mahalaxmi Mantra is one of the holiest mantras used by the devotee to pray to the goddess Mahalaxmi, the goddess of fortune, wealth, and prosperity.
Worshipped by all Hindus, Mahalaxmi is the dynamic energy and the consort of Lord Vishnu.
She is the goddess of fortune, wealth, prosperity, and luxury – both in spiritual and material forms. Mahalaxmi mantra is chanted by devotees for seeking financial prosperity.
However, there is more power attached to this mantra than just that.
Chanting the Shree Mahalaxmi mantra also helps enlighten our minds with wisdom and great understanding.
There are different types of Mahalaxmi mantras; each of which has its vibrations.
Typically, the Mahalaxmi mantra is chanted before the goddess after following certain procedures.
The goddess is generally seen adorned in red clothes with lots of gold jewellery.
She is always seen with a lotus in her hand and having soothing and calm expressions on her face. The lotus signifies the symbol of beauty.
The four important goals of human life are depicted through her four hands.
As Mahalaxmi is seen as the personification of prosperity, abundance, harmony, and wealth.
Chanting the Shree Mahalaxmi mantra will help relieve all kinds of problems that are directly or indirectly related to the shortage of money.
It is no wonder then that millions of Indians all over the world worship goddess Mahalaxmi.
The festivals of Diwali and Sharad Purnima are celebrated with lots of enthusiasm in her honor.
Mahalaxmi Mantra Lyrics and its meaning
Mahalaxmi mantra lyrics in English and Sanskrit can be used to chant and to get the blessings of the goddess of wealth and prosperity.
Om mahalakshmai namo namah
Om vishnupriyayai namo namah
Om dhanapradayai namo namah
Om vishwajananyai namo namah
ॐ महालक्ष्म्यै नमो नमः
ॐ विष्णुप्रियायै नमो नमः
ॐ धनप्रदायै नमो नमः
ॐ विश्वजनन्यै नमो नमः
What does the mantra imply? The mantra is an ode to the goddess wherein she will prevail over the evil forces and bless us with prosperity and a bright future.
ॐ श्रीं ह्रीं क्लीं श्री सिद्ध लक्ष्म्यै नम:
This mantra is also used to chant 108 times by the devotee with full devotion to please the goddess Mahalaxmi for the fulfillment of their worldly desire and wishes.
There are also some specific Mahalaxmi Mantra that has great importance and implications.
Devotees used to chant these specific mantras to get the wealth and prosperity and fulfillment of wishes in their life.
Lakshmi Beej Mantra
ॐ ह्रीं श्रीं लक्ष्मीभयो नमः॥
Om Hreem Shreem Lakshmibhayo Namah॥
ॐ श्रीं ह्रीं श्रीं कमले कमलालये प्रसीद प्रसीद ॐ श्रीं ह्रीं श्रीं महालक्ष्मयै नम:॥
Om Shreem Hreem Shreem Kamale Kamalalaye Praseed Praseed
Om Shreem Hreem Shreem Mahalakshmaye Namah॥
Lakshmi Gayatri Mantra
ॐ श्री महालक्ष्म्यै च विद्महे विष्णु पत्न्यै च धीमहि तन्नो लक्ष्मी प्रचोदयात् ॐ॥
Om Shree Mahalakshmyai Cha Vidmahe Vishnu Patnyai Cha Dheemahi
Tanno Lakshmi Prachodayat Om॥
When the Mahalaxmi mantra is chanted with utmost devotion and following all the rules, the desired results will be there for everyone to see.
However, when you improperly chant the mantra or you do not follow the basic steps, then the results may not necessarily be in favor of you.
What are the rules to be followed while chanting Shri Mahalaxmi Mantra?
Daily pujas are performed for the goddess Mahalaxmi. However, special pujas are carried out on occasions like Navaratri, Diwali, etc.
When you chant the mantra on occasions like Chandravali, Sukla Paksha, Diwali, Subh Nachhtra, and Purnima, you will get special blessings from the goddess as these days are considered sacred and dedicated to Mahalaxmi.
Some basic steps that need to be followed while chanting Shree Mahalaxmi Mantra are as follows:
1. Make sure you’re full of concentration and in an area where there is peace of mind before you start chanting the Mahalaxmi mantra.
2. Sitting in front of the goddess in the right direction is essential as it will grant you the desired results.
3. Goddess Mahalaxmi is believed to have a special liking for the lotus flower. So, before you sit down and start chanting the mantra, make sure to offer some of these flowers to the goddess.
4. As you’re chanting the mantra and praying at the same time, you need to light the Diya. Also, make sure to burn incense sticks.
5. As the last step, light the Aarthi and start reciting the mantra.
Benefits of Chanting Mahalaxmi Mantra
The easiest way to invoke Goddess Mahalaxmi and seek her blessings is to chant Shree Mahalaxmi Mantra.
After bestowing blessings on her devotees, Mahalaxmi, through her immense powers, will eradicate all miseries and evils from the lives of devotees.
What’s more, she also grants people lots of success, prosperity, and wisdom in their future works.
Also called by her devotees as the “mother of all” or “Jagat Mata”, Mahalaxmi will pass on her love to everyone who comes seeking her blessings.
When you chant the mantra regularly, and with full devotion, the goddess will grant prosperity and auspiciousness in the lives of the devotees.
Given below are some other benefits of chanting the Mahalaxmi Mantra:
1. If you want to ward off all the negative energies that have been creating havoc in your life, then consider chanting Shree Mahalaxmi Mantra regularly and with full faith.
Doing this will not only help eliminate the existing negative energies but also fill in your life with positive vibes that can positively impact your future.
2. You should know Mahalaxmi mantra lyrics by heart and render it as often as you can, especially if you’re in a job.
Chanting this mantra regularly will help you get promotions easily and quickly. And if you’re operating a business, this mantra will help you get new customers and improve your profits.
3. If you want to get rid of stress from your body and mind and craving for some peace of mind, then chanting the Mahalaxmi mantra will help calm your nerves and get rid of tensions and stress.
4. Regularly chanting the mantra also benefits people with improved health, youth, and beauty.
Even if you’re in troubled relationships, chanting the Mahalaxmi mantra can work wonders for you in improving the same.
5. We are often required to deal with problems like financial delays and blockages.
If you chant the mantra regularly, you can expect the goddess to take care of these problems and never to face them in the future.
The things you need to keep in mind while chanting Shree Mahalaxmi Mantra
1. While reciting the mantra, you can consider wearing a Sphatik mala or a Kamalgatta mala as they’re considered to be auspicious.
2. If possible, recite the mantra 108 times – both in the morning and evening.
3. To get maximum benefits from chanting the Mahalaxmi mantra, offer lotus or red rose flowers as the goddess likes them a lot.
4. Black isn’t considered auspicious while offering pujas to the goddess. So, avoid this colour as much as possible.
5. While offering rice to the deity, colour it yellow. However, make sure you do not mix any form of chemicals. Instead, use turmeric.
6. If you have yellow clothes, wear them while chanting the mantra and performing the puja.
7. Before practicing the mantra, do not forget to worship Lord Ganesha.
8. Wear yellow or red clothes even while dressing the idol.